Leftover Bread?? Then make these delicious cupcakes from the leftover bread. You can also make this with fresh bread too. No one would believe this was made with bread and it’s eggless so even vegetarians can munch on it happily. Simple easy to make, these delicious cupcakes are worth a try.
I generally tend to make breadcrumbs and store it for preparing croquettes/cutlets etc however this time I was tempted to try and see if I can bake cupcakes from it and to be honest , I never believed my experiment would be successful
I forgot to take step by step pics , nevertheless instructions are clear so hopefully it will be easier to make them
*Here fresh breadcrumbs indicate that you need to trim edges of the bread and then grind it in mixer to get the crumbs.
**You can add pecans or chocolate chip or berries to enhance the taste. Go ahead and experience these delicious cupcakes
- 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whisked curd /yogurt
- 1.5 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 6 tbsp chopped Walnuts
Steps to Cook:
- Sieve all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda) in a bowl and keep it aside
- Preheat oven to 180 deg cel. Line muffin tray/moulds
- In a bowl, mix oil and sugar well . Add curd, vanilla extract and breadcrumbs. Mix well. Now add milk and whisk until well combined
- Add sieved dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until well combined
- Add in chopped walnuts and gently mix . You can place few walnuts at the top of muffins too
- Pour the batter in prepared muffin tray until it fills 2/3 level of it
- Bake for 16-20 minutes until done. To check the doneness, insert toothpick into centre and it should come out clean
- Allow to cool for 15 mins. Serve the delicious muffins immediately or later.