Delectable soft, fluffy, Savory muffins with cherry tomatoes and cheese with seasonings makes this as one of the perfect breakfast/snack muffins. These are easy to prepare and requires less ingredients.
Since both kid and myself have sweet tooth, I do my best to make Savory muffins as alternative to satisfy the hunger pangs. This can be made healthier by substituting All purpose flour with wheat flour. I have made this with APF, you can use mix of flours too.
Do try and let me know how much you loved them the way I did 😉
Preparation time: 10 mins Cooking time: 16 mins Total time: 26 mins
Servings : 4
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup All purpose flour/ Whole wheat flour
- 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup- 2/3 cup grated cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 stalk spring onions chopped (both white and green)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red chilli flakes optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 cherry tomatoes to garnish
Steps to cook
- Sieve flour and baking powder thrice in a bowl, even if you feel lazy, do not skip this step, this gives perfect airy texture to the muffins
- In separate bowl, whisk egg
- Now add salt pepper garlic powder, Italian seasoning to egg, you can add and change seasoning as desired.
- Whisk egg mixture well
- Add milk and oil and mix well
- Add cheese and mix, you can use pizza cheese or regular cheese whichever is available. I have used pizza cheese which is mix of both cheddar and mozzarella. You can also substitute it with Feta cheese too
- Slice cherry tomatoes in halves and de-seed them. Add them to egg mix along with spring onions. if you do not have spring onions, you can use regular onions or onion powder or skip onions altogether. You can also add basil /parsley/Spinach or olives as desired
- I like my dishes to be bit spicy so I added in red chili flakes, you can add or skip them or change the quantity
- Mix everything well, now gradually and slowly add flour mix and using spatula, fold them gently until well combined
- Add batter into prepared muffins tray and fill upto 1/2 level. Add halved cherry tomatoes on top as garnishing. This makes muffin look very pretty
- Bake for 16-20 minutes until golden brown and firm in preheated oven at 200 deg cel.
- Look at these gorgeous muffins fresh from oven. Allow the beauties to cool for 10 minutes
- Serve these soft ,fluffy, delectable muffins warm. Store leftovers in airtight container. Consume muffins within 2 Days. Always Serve Savory Muffins Warm