Gluten Free, this is a better version of Chocolate Mug Cake with healthy buckwheat flour. Generally I use APF or sometimes wheat flour for all my cake recipes, recently I have started experimenting with Gluten free flours and yes they too taste good when done right.
This is my version of original Chocolate mug cake wherein I have replaced APF with healthy Buckwheat flour also called as Kuttu ka atta in Hindi. I am not so fond of mug cakes as I generally prefer baked cakes to Microwave cakes. I make them for my family when they want a dessert and I have less of time and patience to bake one. Since I didn’t want to use APF I decided to experiment with Buckwheat flour and it tasted equally good.
Preparation time : 4 min Cooking time: 1 min Total time: 5 min
Servings : 1
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tbsp yogurt or 1/2 of egg
- 4 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Steps to prepare
- Whisk egg or yogurt in a microwave safe mug.
- Add water and sugar to the mug. Whisk everything well
- Add all dry ingredients and mix well. It will be thick cake like batter
- Microwave for 1 min to 1 min 30 second. The timing will vary on microwave capacity. Do keep an eye on the cake after 1 min
- Allow the mug cake to stand in Microwave for 2-3 minutes in
- Top with Chocolate spread or Ganache or dust with icing sugar. Serve warm