Love Fried Chicken yet dislike deep fried in oil? This recipe uses less oil and has the right flavor of Fried Chicken. Its so yummy, you will definitely make it again . Since my family and myself have fondness to spicy food, this chicken dish is definitely spicy so do adjust spice levels as desired
This is a mouth-watering delicacy which no one can resist , its easy to make and requires less efforts. So, the next time when there is a party or any other occasion don’t forget to try out this absolutely amazing dish
- Around 400 gms Chicken
- For Marination
- 1 tbsp red Chili powder
- 3 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp garam Masala
- 1 tbsp Tandoori Chicken masala
- Salt to taste
- For Main dish
- 1.5 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 4 slit green Chillies (adjust)
- 3 Onions finely Chopped
- 3 sprig Curry Leaves finely chopped
- 4-5 tbsp Coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 5-6 tbsp Coconut oil (or Vegetable oil)
- 3-4 tbsp chopped Coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
Steps to prepare
- Use medium pieces chicken, clean and lightly slit it. Marinate it with all ingredients mentioned under marination section. Keep it aside atleast for 1 hour. Longer the marination, the better the taste.
- Heat pan with coconut oil, I use coconut oil for its aroma and flavor. You can use vegetable oil. Add cumin powder and onions. Saute it until onion becomes translucent
- Add green chilies, ginger garlic paste and curry leaves, now keep sauteing it until onion becomes medium brown. Do not caramelize the onions. This will ensure that chicken fry gets beautiful fried brown color. If onions are caramelized, chicken fry will get some amount of sweet taste. You can increase or decrease green chilies as per taste. Sprinkle little bit of salt and mix well. Salt helps in accelerating cooking time of onions
- Now add marinated chicken , 2 tbsp coriander leaves and mix it well with onion masala.
- Cover and cook for 20 -25 minutes or until chicken is done. Cook over low heat and add no water. After every 5-6 minutes, gently toss chicken, this will help in evenly cooking chicken.
- Once chicken is cooked, increase the flame to remove any traces of water that chicken would have generated
- Saute the chicken so that it does not blacken or burn over high heat. Now add the remaining coriander leaves and squeeze lemon juice.
- Toss and serve hot with roti or rice