Rich in fibre and low in sucrose, dates relieve constipation and reduce gestational diabetes risk and help during labor. Banana helps in reducing swelling during pregnancy.Almonds are equally nutritious. Not just for pregnancy, this shake is perfect for health conscious folks too.
Rich in calcium, fibre and healthy fats, this can be part of breakfast drink too
You can play around with ingredients and make this even more nutritious.
Preparation time: 30 min Servings : 1
- 4-5 Dates
- 1/4 cup warm milk
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1/4 cup thick Coconut milk
- 3-4 blanched Almonds
- 1 chilled ripe Banana
Steps to prepare
- Soak dates in warm milk for 30 minutes. Use de-seeded dates or remove seeds. You can always use regular milk also instead of coconut milk
- Its better to use chilled ingredients rather than diluting drink with ice cubes. For dairy allergy,soy/almond milk can be used
- Now blend all the ingredients together to form smooth drink
- Pour in cold serving glass and serve immediately.