I had baked this cake for Sprig Gourmet – Bake my Day contest 6 months ago and this is my THE most favorite cake till date. I love Velvet cakes in general, and since this one doesn’t use any food colors and rely heavily on egg whites for color and texture, this is really heavenly delicious cake. I am running out of adjectives to describe this gorgeous cake
All the ingredients mentioned in the recipe should be at room temperature, it’s best to use weighing scale to measure out ingredients and you cannot go wrong with this white beauty. This is 2 layered cake, depending on the layers required , increase or decrease the quantities of ingredients
Do try this recipe and I am sure , you too will not stop singing praises for this melt in mouth amazing cake
Preparation time: 15 mins Baking time: 30 mins Total time: 45 mins
Servings : 10
- 340 grams Cake flour sifted
- 340 grams granulated sugar
- 5 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 170 grams soft unsalted butter
- 300 ml buttermilk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 120 ml oil
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Steps to prepare
- Preheat oven to 170, line two 8 inch cake pans.
- In a bowl, mix flour baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Divide buttermilk into 2 parts. In one, add oil and whisk well. Whisk remaining buttermilk with egg whites, vanilla extract and keep it aside
- Add soft butter to flour mix and blend until mixture resembles coarse sand
- Now add buttermilk oil mixture and blend well for 3 minutes.
- Now gradually add egg whites mixture and blend well.
- Divide batter equally and pour into prepared pans. Level evenly
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until done. If its not done, bake for another few minutes
- Cool cake for 20 minutes in pans. Demould and cool completely on wire rack
- Now do whipped cream or Cream cheese frosting. Or Serve AS-IS. I have done whipped cream frosting
- Slice and serve this velvety soft delicious cake