This is a mildly sweet , aromatic, creamy with slight bitter taste curry. This is one of the most popular North Indian curry which also acts as comfort food during winters.
The beauty of the curry is it’s combination of spices with veggies which brings out the delightful taste. A word of caution here, do not change the quantity of fenugreek leaves as it will change the flavor of the dish. This is best served with flatbreads like roti or naan.
Preparation time: 10 mins Cooking time: 20 mins Total time: 30 mins
- 1 cup cleaned and chopped Methi leaves (Fenugreek leaves)
- 1/2 cup boiled Peas
- 1/2 cup Cream
- 2 tbsp oil/Ghee (clarified butter)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 tbsp chopped Coriander leaves (cilantro)
For Ground paste
- 1 inch Ginger chopped
- 1-2 Green Chillies – adjust
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 1/4 cup Cashews
- 4-5 Garlic cloves chopped
Steps to prepare
- Grind all the ingredients mentioned under paste section with little water to form smooth paste
- Heat ghee in a kadai/pan
- Add the ground paste and saute for 6-7 minutes over low heat, keep stirring to prevent it from sticking to pan
- Add methi leaves and saute for 2 minutes
- Add 1/2 cup water and mix well.
- Simmer and cook for 3 minutes
- Add peas and cream. Mix well
- Simmer and cook over low heat for 5-6 minutes
- Add salt and sugar. Mix well
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and few boiled peas.
- Serve hot with roti or naan