Sheera/ Sooji Halwa is traditional Indian sweet dish and very commonly served as prasad during puja or festivals. This is one sweet dish which can be easily prepared in short time and requires less ingredients.
Come summer, when mangoes are in season, I believe it’s time to give tropical twist to all Indian desserts and here comes in delicious , tangy and delectable twist to traditional sheera
Preparation time: 5 mins Cooking time: 20 mins Servings: 3
- Rava / Semolina – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup
- Hot Water/Milk – 1 cup
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) – 1/3 cup
- Ripe Mangoes – 2 , peeled and cubed
- 2 tbsp Saffron milk
- Cashews – 10
Steps to prepare
- Blend mangoes and sugar to form smooth puree. The sugar quantity will depend on sweetness of mangoes
- Heat ghee in a kadai/pan
- Add in cashews and fry till golden brown. Keep it aside
- Now add in sooji to the pan
- Roast it on low heat for 3 to 4 mins until aromatic
- Once it is roasted, add in water or milk and mix well. You can use either of them or mix of both
- Cook till sooji thickens
- Now add in mango puree and mix well.
- Add in saffron milk and mix well
- Cook for few mins, it should be slightly runny.
- Add in fried cashews and mix well
- Switch off the heat and let it cool down. Serve cold or warm as desired