A perfect snack with cup of hot Tea, Parties, Kids tiffin box. Easy to make , delicious in taste, these pizza bites/balls can be devoured any time.I had seen quite many pizza balls recipe on the net however since past few days I have been making various kinds of pizzas, I decided to try this out today as snacks to munch on while we were watching the game and it was quickly consumed once I prepared it.
You can use any fillings for pizza bites, I have used bell pepper and olives. You can use mac and cheese/ tomato and basil/pepperoni or as desired. You will get different flavored pizza balls
Fried Pizza Balls/Bites is one of the perfect snack to prepare when you have a get together or night party at home. And do remember that be it kids or grownups, everyone just absolutely love it. So do try it next time!
Preparation time: 180 mins Cooking time: 15 mins Total time: 195 mins
For Pizza dough
- 1 cup warm Water or as required
- 2 cups Maida/ All purpose flour
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1tsp instant active Yeast
For pizza toppings
- 1 cup Capsicum, Bell Peppers thinly sliced finely chopped
- 4 tbsp chopped olives
- 1 tbsp oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Red Chili flakes
- 1/2 cup or more Pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil
- 1/2 cup or more grated mozzarella cheese
- Vegetable Oil for frying
Steps to prepare
- I have used instant active yeast, in case you are using regular active yeast then ,mix yeast sugar and lukewarm water. Keep it aside until it becomes frothy
- Add flour in a bowl
- If using regular yeast then add the frothy yeast with salt to flour and knead the dough. For instant yeast: make 3 wells in flour. Add sugar, yeast and salt respectively. Never add salt over yeast or vice versa
- Gently mix everything well
- Add warm water
- Knead the dough. It will be soft and sticky which is OK.
- Add olive oil and knead it again.
- Cover it and Keep it aside for 1-2 hours . In case you wish you can refrigerate this dough for 2 days. Keep it in a bigger air-tight container
- After 90 minutes, It will double in size.
- Gently punch the air
- Now add additional flour as required and make soft dough, dough should be still soft and smooth
- Meanwhile in a bowl add capsicum, olives and bell pepper
- Add salt, pepper ,oregano, olive oil and red chili flakes and mix well. Keep it aside. You can change/adjust seasonings as required
- Divide dough into equal small portions.
- Now roll the dough as small to medium puris/circles or in squares. Pizza balls will inflate when fried due to presence of yeast so do not make bigger circles
- Apply pizza sauce towards the centre.
- Over the sauce, place small amount of toppings
- Add little amount of grated cheese. Do not add too much cheese, it might leak out once you start frying the balls
- Apply water over the edges
- Gently fold to make ball. Do until dough/filling is completed
- Heat the oil in a wok now place the sealed edge towards bottom, do not overcrowd . Since these balls inflate, you need sufficient space to inflate
Deep fry the balls until golden brown over medium heat
Place it on absorbent towel to absorb excess oil. You can bake these balls too for healthier version
Serve warm with sauce or ketchup