Tangy, slightly sour, this delectable Indian Summer Raw mango salad is healthy and tastes best as -is or with steamed rice.
Raw mango is healthy and beneficial for digestion and controls constipation. You can add additional veggies to make it more nutritious
Preparation time: 15 mins Servings: 2
- 1 Raw Mango , peeled
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped Onion
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce – adjust the quantity
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 tbsp Red Chili Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted Cumin Powder
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 3 tbsp chopped Cilantro
- 2 tbsp chopped Celery
- Juice Of 1/2 Lemon
Steps to prepare
- Finely chop or grate raw mangoes. Add them to bowl.
- I generally soak onions for 15 minutes before adding to any salad to reduce the overpowering taste of onions. Soak onions for 10-15 minutes. Strain excess water and add to bowl
- Add cilantro and celery to bowl. If you dislike celery, replace it with parsley
- Mix soy sauce, brown sugar, red chili flakes, lemon juice, cumin powder, salt and paprika in a bowl. The quantity can be adjusted as per spice and sweet level desired
- Add this mixture to veggies and toss well until well coated
- Cover and rest aside for 30 minutes. This will allow flavors to set in. The longer it rests the better is the flavor of salad.
- Garnish with cilantro. Serve as is or with steamed rice