Simple and easy to prepare, this dish is amazingly delicious in taste. This can be served as appetizer or as side dish with rice. This unique dish of roasted prawns infused with flavors of spices and coconut oil comes from Malabar, Kerala
As a child, I often had this dish and still relish it’s taste. Presenting here the recipe which is one of my favorite and go to dish when I am pressed for time and want to have something amazingly delicious side quickly
Do share your experience once you try it out this delectable dish
Prep Time: 35 mins Cook Time: 12 mins Total time: 47 mins
Servings: 3 – 4
- 500 g Prawns, cleaned and devined
- 2.5 tbsp+ 1 tsp Coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tbsp rice Flour
- Salt to taste
- 2 sprig Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 4-6 Shallots
- 3-4 dry red chilies
- 1 tsp grated Ginger
- 1 tsp minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp black Peppercorns
Steps to prepare
- Grind all ingredients mentioned under grind section to paste.
- Mix ground paste with salt, turmeric and lemon juice in a bowl
- Add prawns and marinate well. Allow to rest for 30 minutes
- Now coat prawns with rice flour
- Heat 2.5 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Add curry leaves
- Saute until they turn crispy
- Add prawns and mix well.
- Cook over low to medium heat,Allow the water to evaporate by stirring occasionally.
- Drizzle 1 tsp coconut oil
- Fry over low heat until prawns turn crispy.
- Serve hot with steamed rice