Cream Cheese is frequently used for cake, cookies and frosting. I generally use it for filling or frosting and I prefer homemade. They are more cheaper and easier to prepare. There are several ways to make the creamcheese. Inspired from the internet, I made this recipe and now whenever I want to make creamcheese this is preferred method for me
** Don’t throw away left over whey. Use it for kneading paratha, rotis, tortillas, or making ricota cheese etc. They are highly nutritious
Preparation time: 20 mins Cooking time: 7 mins Total time: 27 mins
Servings: 210 g
- 1 litre fat milk
- 2 tbsp Vinegar or lime juice or as required
- 1/3 cup Cream (thick)
Steps to prepare
- Boil milk in deep bottom vessel
- Add vinegar/lime juice.
- Keep stirring, milk will curdle and seperate as whey and cheese
- Allow it to cool slightly.
- Filter the cheese using muslin or cheese cloth over colander. Drain the liquid.
- Run collected cheese under running water to remove the smell of vinegar/lime juice. Now keep it hanging or under some weight for 20-25 minutes to drain excess water
- Transfer this collected cheese to grinder/blender
- Add 2 tbsp cream at a time and blend well
- Blend mixture until it’s no longer grainy and has got creamy texture to the cheese. Keep scraping sides while grinding.
- Refrigerate and store it in air tight container.
- Use this homemade creamcheese within a week