This is one of my innovative cake , making my kid eat greens was one of the toughest job of my life. So I used to add them to his favorite dishes to make him eat it. As such , I added Spinach to banana cake and believe me , it tasted really good. The beautiful green color comes from Spinach puree and banana enhances flavor of the cake. This is a simple, easy to make cake
**You can frost the cake or dust with icing sugar or serve as -is. Additionally, you can add in nuts or chocolate chips to enhance the taste
The best part of the cake is that it’s eggless and everyone can enjoy it
The flavor of Spinach Banana Cake is unforgettable and you will enjoy each and every bite of this. Try this Spinach Banana Cake at your weekends and impress your family and friends.
Preparation time: 10 mins Baking time: 25 mins Total time: 35 mins
- 1/2 cup Spinach leaves
- 1 ripe big mashed Banana
- 3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
Steps to prepare
- Sieve all dry ingredients in a bowl and keep it aside
- Blanch spinach leaves and blend to form smooth puree
- In a bowl, mix banana, spinach puree, oil ,sugar and vanilla extract
- Slowly add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix
- Whisk batter until well combined. Pour into prepared pan
- Bake for 25 -35 minutes until it’s done in preheated oven at 180 deg cel.
- Allow the cake to cool for 20 minutes in the pan. Demould and cool completely on wire rack.
- Decorate as desired. Slice and serve. Enjoy!