This is a simple, easy, tangy , delicious coconut chutney made with raw mangoes. This can be served with with rice/ gruel/ Idli/Dosas. This chutney is made with combo of raw mango and coconut. There are several variations to this chutney. In south, generally coconut is used to prepare while in some regions, coconut is skipped and coriander leaves are used.
As a child, sometimes we used to have gruel, papad, raw mango chutney and pickle or with payar for dinner, this simple dish used to taste heavenly and even now it makes me nostalgic. This is so simple to prepare and also sometimes acts as side dish for the rice
* You can use 1/2 inch ginger or 2-3 garlic cloves too for additional taste. Here I have used combination of red chili and green chili, you can use either one of them or both as desired
Preparation time: 5 mins Servings : 5
- 1/2 – 1 medium sized- Raw Mango, peeled and diced
- 1 cup grated Coconut
- 2-3 Shallots
- 2 Green Chilies
- 2 dry red chilies
- Salt to taste
- 1 sprig Curry Leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar – optional
Steps to prepare
- Add all the ingredients except curry leaves in a mixer jar. Grind to paste without adding water. This is a thick chutney
- Now add curry leaves and grind once again.
- Tangy tart mango chutney is now ready to be served!