Mango Mastani is one of the popular Summer drink from Maharashtra, India. This is quite a decadent drink made with mango puree,vanilla/mango ice-cream , garnished with mangoes, nuts, ice-cream and tutti fruitti. This is quite easy and simple to make.If you have been to Pune, you would find this beverage served in all hotels and food joints so here is the recipe for this unique beverage
This beverage has a history as it was named after beautiful “Mastani”, second wife of Maratha Peshwa (Prime minister in King’s court), Bajirao. This was a delightful, rich drink served to Royals to beat the summer heat. For those interested in Mastani’s story , do watch Bollywood movie – Bajirao Mastani
Mastani drink is available in different flavors, you can repeat the same process with different fruits and blend of same fruit flavored ice-cream or vanilla ice-cream. Drool this summer with delectable, sinful Mango Mastani and do share your experience once you prepare it
Preparation time: 10 mins Servings: 2
- 1 cup ripe Mangoes chopped
- 1/2 cup chilled full fat milk
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 8 scoops ice-Cream
- 16-18 Mango pieces
- 2 tsp tutti fruiti
- 2 tsp sliced Almonds
- 2 tsp sliced Pistachio
- 2 tsp sliced Cashews
Steps to prepare
- Blend mango with milk and sugar. Add 4 scoop ice-cream and blend to form thick shake
- In both serving glass, add half of chopped mango pieces.
- Add 1 scoop ice-cream on top of mango to each glass
- Pour the mango shake , leaving gap at top.
- Add ice-cream at top .
- Top with remaining mango pieces
- Garnish with almonds ,cashews, pistachio and tutti fruiti. Serve immediately