Delicious, melt in mouth , soft mouth watering cookies infused with flavors of tropical fruit – Pineapple. After making Orange cookies in winter, this summer, I decided to make delish cookies with Pineapple. Now my family is not big fan of pineapple so every time I purchase it, I look for ways to make them have this fruit 😉
Do share you experience once you make these gorgeous cookies
**As a substitute for egg yolk, add about 2 tablespoons of white vinegar and an extra 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
*You can add finely chopped pineapple pieces to this cookies for the additional pineapple flavor
Preparation time: 10 mins Baking time: 12 mins Total time: 22 mins
- 1 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour.
- 6 tbsp castor Sugar.
- 1/4 cup soft unsalted Butter.
- 1 Egg yolk.
- 1/2 teaspoon Pineapple essence
- 3 tbsp Pineapple juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder.
- 1-2 drops yellow food color – optional
Steps to prepare
- Sieve flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and keep it aside
- Blend butter in a bowl for 1 minute. Add sugar and blend for 4-5 minutes on moderate speed
- Add egg yolks and blend for 2 minutes
- Add pineapple juice, pineapple essence and blend until well combined
- I added little yellow color to give beautiful color to this cookies, you can add or skip this step. Blend well until color is well combined with the mixture
- Now add dry ingredients to the bowl
- Mix everything well to form soft dough
- Cover the dough with cling wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes. You can refrigerate this dough for 5 days and for 1 month in freezer
- Divide the dough into equal parts, shape them like balls and slightly flatten them. Place them on baking tray lined with parchment paper. Leave 5 cm gap between the cookies
- Bake for 11-14 minutes in preheated oven at 170 deg cel until edges are light brown. Do not over bake. Cool on tray for 15 minutes. Cool on wire rack completely
- Store in airtight container and serve as required. These are melt in mouth soft delicious delightful cookies