As the name of my blog suggests, I am big fan of Spices and loves its taste and aroma so I decided to add the fusion of the spices to my ice-cream which tastes heavenly when combined together – Cinnamon, Cardamom and Nutmeg. When I first tried this innovation, I had skipped vanilla essence, I enjoyed the taste however my kid found something lacking and he found the taste overpowering so I decided to make this once more with plain flavor and there is nothing more plainer, delicious , yet most loved flavor- Vanilla
The spices add additional flavor to the regular vanilla icecream , these are perfect for sundaes, with a slice of cake, or just heavenly when flying solo. By the time , I was clicking pics , my ice-cream unfortunately started melting so apologies for the final pics 😦
*I have used 25% low fat cream for making this ice-cream, I have used whisk while beating the ice-cream first time, my suggestion would be to use hand mixer as this reduces the efforts for blending. I have blended it twice after preparing it to ensure ice-cream texture remains soft
**Icecream container should be frozen min 10-12 hours before icecream is prepared to avoid icy taste. Whisk/Blender blades should also be cold
Preparation time: 10 mins Cooking time: 15 mins Cooling time: 6-8 hours
- 500 ml full fat milk
- 100 ml cold Cream
- 5 tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 3 tbsp Corn Flour
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground Cardamom
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Steps to prepare
- Mix corn flour with 6tbsp milk with no lumps and keep it aside
- Boil remaining milk with sugar. Now reduce the flame and simmer.
- Slowly add corn flour slurry and keep stirring.
- Add in spices to milk and mix well
- Keep mixing until milk starts thickening , the right way to test this is the mixture will start to coat the back of the spoon. Do not over cook the mixture
- Add condensed milk and mix well. You can add condensed milk along with spices but then you will have to take care to constantly stir at low heat else milk will burn so it’s best to add once the milk has thickened
- Now cool and allow it to come to room temperature. I generally cover it with cling wrap while cooling to prevent top film layer forming at top, if you aren’t planning to cover it, then just regularly mix with spoon
- Add fresh cream , vanilla extract and mix well.
- Pour the ice-cream in air tight container and freeze
- After 2 hours , Blend the icecream , keep it in freezer. Do the blending again after 2 hours atleast 1-2 more times and now freeze for 6-9 hours in air tight container
- Thaw the ice-cream and scoop it out to serving bowl and your delicious icecream is ready to be served.