Fried Oreo’s is one of the popular deep fried American snacks. Other day when I had left over strawberry creme Oreo cookies, I decided to fry it , you can fry any flavored Sandwich cookies and surprisingly my left over cookies got completed quickly
This is a deep fried dessert or snack consisting of an Oreo which is dipped in batter and deep-fried. It can be served with different toppings or simply with no toppings. I sprinkled powdered sugar on top for my hubby and my kid had me drizzle chocolate sauce on top. So serve as desired. If you are calorie conscious then this snack is definitely big No.
*There are multiple variations to this snack – you have red velvet fried oreos/Chocolate Oreos. The base recipe remains the same, you can play around with the batter and make various kinds of fried oreo snack
Preparation time: 5 mins Cooking time: 10 mins Total time: 15 mins
- 8-10 Oreo or any sandwich cookies
- 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg whisked/1/4 cup unsour yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract – optional
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Oill for frying
- Icing sugar or Chocolate sauce to drizzle – for serving
Steps to prepare
- Mix flour and baking powder in a bowl,
- Add whisked egg, vanilla extract, and sugar.
- Add Milk to the mixture. Mix well without lumps, add water only if required. It should not be runny batter
- Heat oil in a wok, dip the sandwich cookies in batter , cookies should be well coated with batter
- Drop them in hot oil.
- Deep fry them golden brown over medium heat. Discard any leftover batter
- Place it on absorbent towel to absorb excess oil.
- Sprinkle icing sugar if required. Serve warm