Simple and easy to make, this cheesecake is absolutely delicious and heavenly. Adapted from the net, I prepared the cheesecake this summer and it tasted absolutely delightful.Rich , smooth and creamy with fresh mangoes, this cheesecake is one of the must try dessert this summer. An absolute heaven for all mango lovers like me
You can also use homemade creamcheese just like I did, click for the recipe below
Since this is no bake, you need to have patience for each layer to set and yes patience does have it’s own rewards. Do try this dish and share your experience with me in comments section below.
*I have used gelatin in the recipe, for vegetarians, substitute with Agar agar, 1 teaspoon gelatin = 1 teaspoon agar powder OR if you can find vegan jel then 1 teaspoon gelatin = 1.5 teaspoons Vegan Jel
**These days Veg gelatin is also easily available in Markets
Preparation time: 13 hours Servings: 6
- 150 g digestive or Marie biscuits/any mildly sweet biscuits
- 100 unsalted melted Butter
- 2 tbsp Sugar
For Mango Chocolate layer
- 2 medium ripe Mangoes chopped
- 200 g white chocolate chopped
- 400 g Cream-cheese at room temperature
- 200 ml whipping Cream
- 4.5 teaspoon gelatin powder
- 120 ml cold Water
- 2/3 cup Sugar
For Mango Glaze
- 1 teaspoon gelatin powder
- 1/4 cup cold Water
- 3/4 cup sweetened Mango puree
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
Steps to prepare
- Use a nine inch springfoam pan. Place the base upside down. Add square sheet of baking paper on the base
- Now secure springfoam pan with the excess paper hanging outside. This will help in easing out the cheesecake smoothly from the pan later. If you wish to keep the cheesecake in the pan, you can skip above and this step
- Grease the sides of the pan.Crush the biscuits to crumbs
- Add crumbs in a bowl.
- Add sugar and butter. Mix well.
- Add the mixture to the base of the pan
- Press evenly to bottom.Chill the crust for 15 minutes.
- For Mango Chocolate layer: Blend chopped mangoes with the sugar to form a smooth puree
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water, stir partly to dissolve.
- Keep it aside for 10 -15 minutes until spongy
- Microwave for 30 seconds stirring in between until gelatin dissolves completely. Allow to cool for 5 minutes
- Add gelatin to mango puree and mix well
- Using Double boiler, melt chocolate and mix well until smooth
- Add cream-cheese and cream in a bowl
- Now blend until creamy.
- Add white chocolate, mango puree mixture and mix well
- Pour mixture to the pan over the chilled crust and spread evenly. Cover with cling wrap. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours until top is set
- Prepare Mango glaze: Sprinkle gelatin over cold water. Stir partly to dissolve. Keep it aside for 10-15 minutes until spongy
- Microwave for 15 second. Stir and dissolve gelatin completely. Add gelatin and lemon juice to sweetened mango puree. Mix well.
- Pour this mango mixture over cheesecake layer. Cover with cling wrap.Refrigerate for 10-12 hours
- Release the pan and Remove parchment paper from sides. Using bottom paper transfer to serving plate and now ease off the bottom square parchment paper
- Top with chopped mangoes/whipped cream. Additionally you can add nuts etc too. Slice and serve