These are gluten free brownies that are decadent,cakey , fudgy and absolutely addictive. After I had baked Buckwheat Walnut brownies (recipe to follow shortly), I decided to make similar brownie using Ragi flour with Almonds and yes, it indeed was delightful in taste
Ragi (Finger Millet) is healthy, nutritional flour and aids weight loss. It has high protein and mineral content. It is an ideal source of protein for vegetarians Combined with nuts, these brownies are really delicious and amazing in taste
*Add a handful of chocolate chips for double chocolate brownies.
Do watch the video for better clarity in preparation and share your experience once you prepare the brownies
Preparation Time: 10 mins Baking Time: 22 mins Total time: 22 mins
- 1/2 cup Ragi Flour (Finger Millet)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 4 tbsp chopped almonds
- 6 tablespoons Coconut oil / melted and slightly cooled unsalted butter
- 1 cup cane Sugar/ brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup thick Curd
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
Steps to prepare
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line 7×7 inch square pan with the parchment paper horizontally and vertically and extending along the sides.
- In a large bowl, whisk together both the flours, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, salt and cornstarch. These are dry ingredients.
- In another deep bowl, beat coconut oil/butter with sugar. Add curd and vanilla extract, now whisk until smooth.
- Gradually add dry ingredients and stir well to get a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Level evenly.Tap on the counter.
- Garnish the top with chopped almonds
- Bake for 20 -25 minutes. Keep checking after 20 minutes by inserting a toothpick in the center. The toothpick should not come out with liquid batter. There should be some crumbs sticking to the toothpick.
- Allow brownies to cool in pan for 20-30 minutes
- Using parchment paper, ease the brownies out of the pan. Allow to cool completely
- Slice the brownies when completely cold
- Serve as is or top with chocolate syrup or ice-cream and serve
- Store leftovers in air tight container