This delectable Fish croquette bursting with flavors and almost melt in your mouth cooked in Indian style are one of the perfect appetizers or snacks be it all occasions
Now this is actually one of my favorite appetizer and it’s really simple to prepare. With the addition of spices, the croquettes are rightly spiced and they really melt in mouth. I have hard time to stop myself eating it as soon as it is prepared 😛 . These are really lip smacking and you do not have to take my word for it. Do try and I am absolutely sure, not just the kids, adults would equally love it for this is indeed a party puller dish
There are multiple variations to this dish infact I am sure each country has it’s own style to prepare this croquette so here I present the way I prepare it and I am sure you would love it as much my family does 🙂
*Reduce the amount of green chilies and chili powder if you wish to reduce the heat level of the croquettes or likewise add only 1 of them
**I have deep fried the croquettes here, you can shallow fry or bake them too
Do watch the video for better clarity in preparation and share your experience in the comments section below once you prepare the dish
Preparation Time: 30 mins Cook Time: 20 mins Total time: 50 mins
Servings : 6-7
- 500g Fish fillet
- 2 Potatoes, medium-sized- boiled
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon Ginger and garlic paste
- 1-2 Green chili , finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder – (adjust)
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala powder
- Salt – to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Amchur powder (dried mango powder) –
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves (Cilantro) , finely chopped
- 1 Egg , large
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper – for seasoning
- Oil for Deep/Shallow fry/baking – as required
Steps to prepare
- Clean and cut Fish fillet into very small pieces and keep it aside.
- Mash the potatoes and keep it aside
- In a large pan or deep skillet, heat the oil. Splutter cumin seeds and curry leaves
- Add onions and saute until translucent. Add the ginger-garlic paste and chopped green chili and saute well till the raw smell disappears.
- Now add the turmeric powder, red chili powder, and garam masala powder and saute for a few seconds.
- Add the fish pieces and salt. Cook the fish on all sides. When the fish is opaque (cooked), mash it lightly with the spoon
- Add the mashed potatoes and stir to combine well with the masala and fish. Cook together till mixture is dry.
- Sprinkle black pepper powder, amchur powder and coriander leaves, mix well and remove from heat. Allow to cool completely
- Whisk the egg, season lightly with salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Take breadcrumbs in another bowl.
- Pinch lime-sized balls of the fish filling, shape into cutlets or as desired
- Dip each patty in the egg, then roll generously in breadcrumbs. Transfer to a large tray or plate. Do until completed
- Freeze for later use or use it immediately, its best to refrigerate it at least 30 minutes before frying
- Deep fry the croquettes until golden brown on all sides over low medium heat. Drain excess oil over tissue paper
- Serve hot with green chutney or Mustard/Tartar/Tomato sauce or Mayonnaise