These are delicious ,healthy yummy pizza Bites, one of the perfect snack to satisfy your pizza cravings and yet this is not a junk food. These are gluten free snacks, zucchini is low in fat and carbs and acts as perfect pizza crusts. Yes, there other healthier pizza crusts too (recipes soon to follow), here I have presented Zucchini as pizza base. You can then add in any toppings of your choice with cheese and seasonings and enjoy these healthy delectable snack.
These are also easier way to make kids munch on something healthy. It’s best to consume them immediately once it is prepared. So enjoy!
Do watch the video for better clarity in preparation and share your experience once you prepare the dish
Preparation time: 7 mins Cooking Time:7 mins Total time: 14 mins
- 2 medium Zucchini
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce or as required
- 1/4 cup finely chopped bell Peppers and olives or veggies of your choice
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella or any pizza cheese – adjust quantity
- 3-4 tbsp extra virgin Olive oil
- Oregano, Parsley to sprinkle
Steps to prepare
- Clean zucchini and slice into 1/4 inch or 1/2 inch roundels depending on crust size desired. Wipe them dry with tea towel
- Preheat oven to 180 deg cel. Line baking tray with parchment paper
- Arrange zucchini slices on tray.
- Brush tops with olive oil. Bake for 4-5 minutes
- Allow to cool slightly
- Dab pizza sauce on baked zucchini. Add bell pepper/olives and cheese on top.
- Return tray to oven. Bake for 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with oregano and parsley. Serve immediately