When you need to instantly satisfy hunger pangs and have least time and patience for cooking then this is one of the easiest and perfect muffins to munch on. This is a mildly sweet and delicious muffins.
Now I am an avid reader and like to munch on something when I read, so patience is not on top of my list and I do not want to spend time in kitchen cooking when all I want is to do is to get back to reading. So preparing microwave recipes are on top of my list then. I have mug cakes , instant cookies on my list however this time, I decided to prepare muffins instead.These muffins hardly require 10 mins and voila , its ready!
It took me 3-4 tries to get it right. I had added in more cocoa powder initially then had to add in more sugar to reduce the bitter taste of cocoa. My son somehow still disliked the presence of cocoa so the next time I prepared muffins , I removed cocoa powder and only used vanilla essence and he loved it .This time when I was preparing it for myself , I added in cocoa powder and liked it. So you can skip or add or reduce the quantity of cocoa powder as per taste. These delectable muffins are best consumed warm
You get 7-8 muffins here, so store leftovers (if any) in an air tight container and warm them up before serving
*You can use all purpose flour (Maida) or whole wheat flour to prepare the muffins
**Skip cocoa powder if you dislike the slight bitter taste it lends to the muffins and adjust the quantity of vanilla essence if required
Do watch the video for better clarity in preparation and share your experience once you prepare the dish
Preparation time: 5 mins Cooking time: 2-3 mins Total time: 7-8 mins
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder – optional
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp Chocolate Chip + additional to garnish (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 7 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp milk
Steps to prepare
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cocoa powder.
- Since cocoa powder will taste bitter in this muffin, I have used only 1 tbsp. You can skip it if required
- Add all the wet ingredients – vinegar, milk, melted butter, vanilla extract to the bowl
- Mix until well combined. The batter will be thick. If it is too dense then add in additional 2 tbsp milk but not more
- Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into silicon molds/ microwave safe bowls. Since it’s microwave, you cannot use regular muffins tray.
- Tap the silicon molds gently to release air bubbles if any
- Garnish with little chocolate chips on top if required, this gives beautiful appearance to the muffins
- Microwave for 2 minutes, check and microwave again for 30 seconds to 1 min depending on microwave capacity.
- Let it remain in microwave for 5 minutes, now take it out.
- Munch on these delicious warm muffins