Delectable, tasty, healthy, easy and simple to prepare appetizer/starter made from one of the most nutritional veggies – baby corn. The most common appetizers made from baby corn are baby corn 65, honey chili etc..I wanted to prepare something different, when I came across this recipe on the net and I knew I had to try it and it really tasted delicious so if you are looking for veg starter/party puller then this is the one
Baby corn is very beneficial for weight loss because it has lesser starch content. Apart from this, baby corn contains essential nutrients like magnesium, vitamin A, iron and phosphorous and all these making it as a healthy food. Baby corns are low in calories, rich in fibre, low-carb veggie, nutrient dense and stimulates digestion so why the delay? bring in the baby corn and prepare this delectable lip smacking appetizer today
Now there are multiple variations here and there in preparing this dish, this is my version of it. You can always adjust spices to your preference. Carom seeds (Ajwain) have powerful antibacterial , anti-fungal properties and improves cholesterol levels. So yes, this is indeed a healthy appetizer/starter. If you are weight/health conscious then you must try this dish
Do watch the video for better clarity in preparation and share your experience once you prepare this dish
Preparation time: 5 mins Cooking time: 20 mins Total time: 25 mins
- 10-12 Baby Corn
- 1/4 cup Curd
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Ajwain/Carom seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon oil – optional
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
Steps to prepare
- Steam the baby corns for 4 minutes over medium heat until cooked but firm. Do not over cook
- In a bowl, add curd, chili powder, corn flour, turmeric powder, garam masala, ajwain, ginger garlic paste, 1 teaspoon oil and salt.
- Mix well and make a paste.
- Marinate the baby corns in this yogurt mixture and rest on the counter for atleast 30-45 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non stick pan/skillet/grill pan
- Add baby corns along with marinade.
- Cook over medium heat, keep rotating baby corn so that it is well cooked and roasted from all sides
- Remove baby corn from the pan and insert skewers.
- Serve hot with any dip of your choice, tastes best with peanut dip or green chutney