Delectable, delicious Onion and garlic flavoured bread, which is one of the perfect accompaniment with soup, butter or cheese. The flavour of Caramelized Onion Garlic bread is tempting and you will enjoy each bite of this. Try this Caramelized Onion bread on weekends and impress your family and friends.
*You can use All purpose flour or whole wheat flour instead to make this bread. Bread flour renders right texture to the bread
**Adjust the amount of garlic powder as per taste. Never add salt over yeast directly or vice versa. Make 3 wells in flour and then add sugar, salt and yeast
Do watch the video for better clarity in preparation and share your experience once you prepare the dish
Preparation time: 2 hours Cooking time: 35 mins Total time: 2 hrs 35 mins
- 1 Onion thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp white spring Onions chopped
- 1/4 cup + 3 tbsp green spring Onions chopped
- 1.5 tbsp Olive oil + 1 teaspoon oil
- 250g bread Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant Yeast
- 1/2 cup lukewarm Water
- 3/4 -1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 3 tbsp green spring Onions chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves mined
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
Steps to prepare
- In a frying pan heat 1.5 tbsp oil over medium heat. Add regular Onions with white spring Onions to the pan
- Cook onion until soft and caramelized
- Allow to cool completely
- In a large bowl, add flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Mix well.
- Now add garlic powder and caramelized onions and mix well
- Add in luke water to the bowl grdually
- Knead until the dough is soft, smooth and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Cover it and let it sit for about 1.5-2 hours at room temperature to rise until doubled in size.
- Gently deflate the dough and fold in without kneading on floured surface. Shape it like a loaf
- Place it in a 20 cm greased loaf pan and leave to rise again for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle 3 tbsp green onion chopped leaves on top.
- In a bowl, mix butter, garlic, salt and parsley. Pour this generously over the loaf. Alternatively you can pour garlic butter first and then sprinkle Spring onions on top
- Preheat oven to 200 deg cel. Place loaf pan in baking tray filled with hot water halfway
- Bake for 15 minutes with steam then remove the pot with water from the oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 180 deg cel and bake for another 12-15 minutes.
- Cool the bread in pan for 20 minutes and then demould
- Cool on a wire rack. Let the bread cool completely before cutting.
- Slice and serve with cheese or Soup