Gluten-free Cinnamon Apple Cake is an aromatic, flavorful and delicious cake which can be served on any Occasion. Its too delectable and too tasty to resist. Rich in fibre and proteins, this is one cake you must try
This was my first gluten free cake which I had made when I first started baking with gluten free flours and so yes, this does hold a special place for me. It was total disaster to be honest when I started with with gluten free flours 😀 . I had gone adventuress and I replaced APF with gluten free flour in my sponge cake and then replaced some of the other ingredients too when my cake burnt out completely, the second time, it was too hard to eat, so I learnt my lesson the hard way, that you need to replace 1 ingredient at a time , check the results and then proceed with other replacements which is how this cake came out to be
When I first made this cake, I had added in apple puree as replacement of eggs and my cake was super dense,that I had to discard it when I realized, adding small apple cubes would retain the original airy texture of the cake and still bring the flavour of the apple in the cake. Apple is always paired with cinnamon and I have done the same here. The aroma while baking was too heavenly and besides I have partiality to cinnamon flavour 🙂
Cake was quite delicious and my hubby who hates healthy cakes indeed loved it so yes, I would definitely recommend preparing this at least once 🙂
*I have suggested replacements for more healthier version in the ingredients list itself
**You can replace eggs with 1/2 cup yogurt
Do watch the video for better clarity in preparation and share your experience once you prepare the cake
Prep Time: 15 mins Cooking Time: 35 mins Total time: 50 mins
- 11/4 cup any Gluten free Flour (I have mixed buckwheat and water chestnut flour)
- 5 tbsp corn Flour/Arrowroot powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2/3 cup icing Sugar/Cane Sugar/Palm Jaggery
- 1 medium Apple peeled,cored and cubed
- 2 Eggs
- 110 gm soft low fat Butter
- 1/2 cup low fat Milk/ Almond Milk/Soy milk
- 1/2-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 teaspoon Baking Powder
Steps to prepare
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg cel for 10 minutes. Line 6″ inch cake tin or loaf pan can also be used
- Sieve all dry ingredients and keep it aside.
- Mix brown sugar sugar with Cinnamon and keep it aside
- Blend Butter for 40 seconds in a bowl
- Add icing sugar or cane sugar and blend until creamy
- Add eggs, 1 at a time and blend for 30 seconds before adding second one. Blend until mixture is pale yellow in color.
- Add vanilla extract and blend well.
- Now add sieved dry ingredients with milk alternately and mix using cut and fold method or with hand mixer. Do not over mix
- Pour half of the batter into prepared pan
- Add half of apples evenly all over batter. Sprinkle half amount of Cinnamon sugar on top of apple.
- Now pour remaining batter. Add rest of apple on top. Sprinkle rest of Cinnamon sugar on top
- Bake for 25-40 minutes until done. There will be rich aroma while baking.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes in the pan and the demould
- Allow cake to cool completely. Cut and serve. Store leftovers in airtight container