Sinfully decadent with slight cakey texture, these eggless Zucchini Chocolate Chip brownies are easy to make and require lesser ingredients. They taste absolutely heavenly and you don’t have to take my word for it. Try it out and you won’t be able to stop after single bite. Indulge the child within you with these tasty brownies
I had purchased Zucchini a day prior to the lock-down and had refrigerated it. Somehow I forgot about it, when the other day I was checking all the veggies I had stocked, I noticed it was starting to spoil so I knew I had to prepare a dish from it, one look and I knew it was destined to be a brownie 😀
There are too many zucchini brownie recipes but with the pandemic on, I wanted to minimize the ingredients so I decided to cook Zucchini in it’s own liquid. Since Zucchini is highly nutritious , I did not want to discard it’s water so yes , I baked the brownie without discarding the water. I had some chocolate chips left over so I used them, if you have it then you can add, else make them without it.
This one has slight cakey texture, I have given tip below for making it slightly fudgy. Do try it out and let me know 🙂
*Off season Zucchini has lesser moisture as compared to in season so you might need to squeeze out little(very little) moisture if you are preparing when Zucchini is in season, these Zucchini brownies depends on its moisture to cook
**For Fudgier texture, slice the brownies ,cling wrap each one separately and then refrigerate
***Brownies should not be overbaked, toothpick inserted into center can have few crumbs
****Instead of chocolate chips, you can add in nuts of your choice too
Do watch the video for better clarity in preparation and share your experience once you prepare the dish
- 1/3 cup Coconut oil/Melted Butter/ any Neutral flavored oil
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar/Coconut sugar/Cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup finely grated zucchini (about 1 medium sized zucchini) (tightly packed)
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp Chocolate Chips
Steps to prepare
- Rest zucchini on the counter for 6-8 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Cel. Line 8 inch square baking tin with parchment paper, its best to have some paper in excess so that you can ease them out of the pan easily
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, oil, and vanilla together. Sieve the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients
- Note that the mixture will be dry and crumbly. Stir in zucchini until this batter has the texture of a thick brownie batter.
- Add chocolate chips and mix well
- Spread this batter in the prepared pan. Sprinkle 2 tbsp chocolate chips on top
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Ease it gently out of the pan and cool to room temperature. See the tip above for the exture
- Cling wrap and regrigertate for 5-6 hours. I genrally refrigertate overnight
- Slice the brownies, drizzle chocolate sauce on top. Serve as is or with ice-cream. Store leftovers in air tight container and refrigerate
- Consume within 3 days