Easy to make, these delicious Sago Cheese balls are delightful and good tea time snack to munch on. These are tasty , addictive and will be loved by kids and adults alike
My son loves cheese balls so I do lots of mix and match combination to create variety. Here comes another version of Cheese balls with addition of Sago(Sabudana). These cheese balls are simple to prepare and require fewer ingredients from the pantry, they also make as good party snacks for kids.
I generally prepare these snacks for tea time as post school snack for my kid. The cheese balls taste best when they are consumed warm so I prepare them in advance and then freeze it , this makes my life easier so whenever I am running short of time and yet want to have some delicious snacks, I just need to take them out of freezer and fry it
This can also be packed in tiffin box for kids. With the pandemic on, I decided to prepare these yummy snacks with hot cup of ginger tea. If you do not have sago, you can skip and prepare with just potatoes too
*Adjust the spices to your taste
**You can store this in Ziplock bag and freeze upto 2 months
***You can bake these balls too. Just coat them with oil and then bake for 12 -15 minutes in preheated oven at 180 deg cel until golden brown
Do watch the video for better clarity in preparation and share your experience once you prepare the dish
Preparation time: 15 mins Cooking time: 20 mins Total time: 35 mins
- 1 cup Sabudana/Sago
- 1.5 cup mashed Potatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella/Cheddar cheese or any of your choice
- 4-5 finely chopped Green Chilies – optional
- 1/2 teaspoon Amchur powder
- 2 tbsp Maida/APF
- 2 tbsp corn Flour
- 1 cup or more breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chili powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Chat Masala
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala
- Oil for Frying
Steps to prepare
- Soak Sabudana in water for 2 hours. Drain and squeeze water.
- In a bowl add sabudana, mashed potatoes, salt, pepper and all masalas except cheese. Mash and mix everything well to form a dough
- Divide it in equal portions and make balls. Keep it aside
- In a shallow plate, take flour, add water to form thin paste, in another bowl, have breadcrumbs
- Now flatten the balls, place little amount of cheese, seal it completely. Gently roll it in round shape without letting cheese spill out. Dunk the rolls in flour paste and roll over breadcrumbs. Keep them in a separate plate. Do this until all the balls are completed
- Refrigerate it for 30 mins. You can fry immediately or later.
- Heat oil in a wok, deep fry until golden brown over medium heat. Fry them in batches
- Keep it on absorbent towel to absorb excess oil.
- Garnish and serve hot with Sauce or ketchup