This delectable delicious curry originates from Lahore, Pakistan. It tastes awesome with any flat-breads or flavored rice (Biryani, pilaf etc). Chicken Lahori is also one of the good option to prepare when you have family and guests around
There are multiple variations to preparation of this curry. This is so simple to prepare and really pampers your taste buds. Now if you do not wish to use cream in this curry, then you can substitute it with yogurt. If you do not wish to use yogurt then you should use lemon juice with cream as cream and tomatoes always render richer taste to curry, lemon juice will lend tangy taste to the curry
Do watch the video for better clarity in preparation and share your experience in the comments section below once you prepare it
Preparation Time: 15 mins Cooking Time: 40 mins Total time: 55 mins
- 500 g cleaned boneless Chicken cut into 1 inch bite sized pieces
- 2 Onions finely chopped
- 2 big Tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 tbsp whisked Yogurt
- 4 Green Chilies finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Red Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri chili powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam Masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Fennel powder (optional)
- 4-5 tbsp vegetable Oil
- 2 small Bay Leaf
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 4 green Cardamom
- 3 black Cardamom
- 1 tbsp Cream
- 4 tbsp chopped Coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup Chicken stock or water
Steps to prepare
- Heat oil, add bay leaf, cardamom and cumin seeds.
- Saute until cumin splutters and spices turn aromatic.
- Add onions and saute until golden brown
- Add ginger garlic paste and green chilies.
- Sauté until raw aroma goes away.
- Add spice powders except garam masala , salt and mix well
- Add tomatoes. Sauté until tomatoes are mushy and cooked
- Add chicken and mix well so that chicken is well coated with masalas. Add water or broth with yogurt. Broth gives the right flavor to the cookies
- Bring curry to boil. Lower the heat. Cover and cook until chicken is tender while stirring chicken occasionally. Do not over cook the chicken
- Add garam masala powder with cream and mix well. Instead of cream, you can substitute it with yogurt.
- Add coriander leaves and mix well.
- Serve hot with roti/naan (flat breads) or any flavored rice