Delightful , Tasty twist to regular egg based bread pudding for all those who love puddings and custards. Bread Pudding is one of the most popular and oldest pudding dish, this requires fewer ingredients and is so easy to prepare. You really cannot stop after eating single bite and I am sure you will definitely make this again
here bread is soaked in Rose milk and topped with pistachios and baked to perfection, it’s simple to prepare and ready in a jiffy. You cannot go wrong with this delightful treat
Generally Bread pudding is made with bread, eggs, butter and milk. With the festive season on, I decided to make it eggless and yes, it’s so delicious in taste that you wouldn’t miss having eggs in it. Try this delicious Rose Pistachio Bread Pudding recipe at home and surprise your family and friends.
Meanwhile you can also try my other Bread pudding recipes
*Do not use freshly baked bread, it’s preferable to use a day or 2 old bread for pudding
*This can be steamed too but the baked pudding tastes better than the steamed one
*Adjust the sugar as per the sweetness desired. You can use skim milk, regular milk or plant based milk too
Do watch the video for better clarity in preparation and share your experience once you prepare the dish
Preparation Time: 20 mins Baking Time: 20 mins Total time: 40 mins
1 cup=240 ml
- 5 slices of bread
- 11/4 cups Milk
- 1.5 tbsp. soft unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp. Corn flour
- 1 -1.5 tbsp. Rose water
- 1/3 cup Sugar (Adjust)
- 6-8 tbsp. sliced/powdered Pistachios
- Pink food color – optional
Steps to prepare
- In 1/4 cup milk, add rose water, corn flour and pink food color
- Mix well and keep it aside
- Heat 1 cup milk over low medium heat in sauce pan
- Add sugar and mix well until it dissolves
- Mix corn slurry again and add to milk. Mix well.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes
- Now add the butter and cook until butter melts
- Preheat the oven at 180 deg cel
- Trim the edges of bread
- Either cube the bread slices or crumble it well
- Take a baking dish and grease it, spread half of the bread pieces evenly over the dish
- To this add half of the rose milk. Sprinkle 3-4 tbsp. Pistachios on top
- Now place remain bread pieces on top
- Pour remaining rose milk mixture on bread pieces soaking them completely.
- Sprinkle remaining pistachios on top.
- Rest on the counter for 10 minutes.
- Bake it for 20-25 minutes or until it’s golden brown or until top springs back when slightly tapped.
- Delicious Bread pudding is ready. Serve warm or cold as desired
- You can serve this with ice-cream too. Store leftovers in refrigerator and consume within 2 days