Tasty twist to regular bread pudding for all those who love Chocolate and its varieties. Bread Pudding is one of the most popular and oldest pudding dish, this requires fewer ingredients and is so easy to prepare. Now I am crazy about dark chocolate so when I made bread pudding other day, I decided to add dark chocolate and check how it would turn out. And yes, the dessert tasted absolutely heavenly with the addition of chocolate. I drizzled little chocolate sauce on top and wow, the traditional dessert now tasted even more good. With an ice- cream too, this dessert is a crowd puller.
Try this delicious Chocolate Bread Pudding recipe at home and surprise your family and friends.
*I have used dark chocolate, use any chocolate (white, semi sweet, Milk etc) of your choice. Adjust the quantity of chocolate as per desired sweetness
Do check the video for better clarity in preparation and share your experience once you prepare the dish
Preparation Time: 20 mins Baking Time: 20 mins Total time: 40 mins
- 8 slices of bread
- 2 cups Milk
- 50 grams soft unsalted Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 60 g – 85 g Chocolate – melted (adjust quantity)
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts of your choice
Steps to prepare
- Preheat the oven at 190 deg cel
- Meanwhile trim the edges of bread
- Either cube the bread slices or crumble it well
- Take a baking dish and grease it, spread the bread pieces evenly over the dish
- Take a bowl , add butter and whisk for 30 seconds
- Add eggs and beat it well.
- To this add milk, melted chocolate and mix it thoroughly. I have used dark chocolate here, you can use any chocolate, also adjust the quantity of chocolate as per desired sweetness
- Pour this mixture on bread pieces soaking them completely.
- Sprinkle nuts of top.Rest on the counter for 15 minutes.
- Bake it for 15 -20 minutes or until it’s golden brown or until top springs back when slightly tapped.
- Delicious Bread pudding is ready. Serve warm, I have drizzled little chocolate sauce on top for additional taste. You can serve this with ice-cream too.